Click here to review our Terms of Engagement
Last Updated March 2022
Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we may collect typically consists of or includes, but is not limited to:
- your name
- phone number
- mobile phone number
- email address
- demographic data and
- birth date.
This information is requested when you: (a) participate in an Empowered program as a student, educator, volunteer or other capacity; (b) join the Empowered Site or create a user account; (c) engage with the Empowered Site (for example, submit a comment); (d) make a donation; or (e) otherwise similarly interact with Empowered.
In limited circumstances, we may also collect:
- W9 related information, including social security number (if you receive an incentive or funding)
- Medical insurance information (for event emergencies), and
- Financial information (to process donations or administer your account)
Information We Collect By Automated Means
When you visit and interact with the Empowered Site, we may collect information that does not inherently reveal your specific identity. Empowered uses this information to understand better how visitors use the Empowered Site, research our visitors’ demographics, interests, and behavior, and provide visitors with customized services and information. Empowered also uses the information collected to assess and improve our program, improve our promotional and outreach efforts, and for other similar purposes. Examples of this data collected include:
Generally, we will not allow third-parties to place any cookies, web beacons, or other similar devices on the Empowered Site. Empowered is not responsible for any other websites accessible from or linked to this website, including their privacy policies or information collection practices.
Pixel Tags or Similar Technologies.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing donations;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages you view;
- Providing you tailored content and communications on topics and developments we believe will be of interest you, including program related activities, including text messages if you have opted in to receiving SMS communications;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our programs (including performing data analytics and accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- Coordinating event activities; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
What Personal Information We Share With Others
We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Credit card processing companies, to process donations;
- Other network partners in order to provide you information on additional related programmatic opportunities;
- Other organizations we work with to provide services, research, products or programs;
- Other similar charities;
- Third-party service providers (for example, website hosting and operational services or a travel management company to assist in booking travel) who are only authorized to use your data as directed and necessary to perform services on our behalf; and
- Other Empowered participants or site users if you choose to make any profiles you create public.
Security and Third-Party Sites
Although the Empowered Site has certain security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information you provide, no email or web transmission is completely secure against interception or incorrect routing. Thus, there is always the risk that unauthorized persons may access or use your personally identifiable information. If you are worried because your communication is very sensitive, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” and/or “Empowered Support” section to coordinate sending your information via encrypted email.
All credit card transactions processed through the Empowered Site occur in via a secure area payment gateway to protect you from any loss, misuse, or alteration of information collected. When you make a donation, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption.
User Generated Content
A Special Note on Children
We are concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the internet and who participate in our program. Our website is not designed for or directed to individuals under the age of 13. No information should be submitted nor posted to the Empowered Site by individuals under the age of 13 without express parental consent. In certain jurisdictions, notification, prior written permission, or other verifiable consent may be required of a parent or Guardian® for children from 13 to 17 years of age. If you believe your child has provided us with information without your consent, please email us at address set forth in the “Contact Us” and/or “Empowered Support” section.
Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States
Updating And Accessing Your Personal Information
Keeping your account information and preferences up to date is very important to us. You have rights over your personal information and that includes the right to review your information, request that we stop using it, or update account information. You can do this by logging in and accessing the account profile section of each online service for which you have registered. If you cannot locate, access or make desired changes to the information or permissions online, you may send a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, we cannot track down “de-identified” information to change it or undo any prior use of data we already used with your actual or implied consent.
How to Contact Us
c/o Website Queries
4111 E 37th Street North, Suite D101
Wichita, KS 67220